Assassin’s Creed Origins has officially been announced today at Xbox E3 Conference. The game will be coming this October 27.
Assassins Creed: Origins
Well, no one saw that coming. We all were expecting (well most of us) that Assassins Creed Origins will be revealed by Ubisoft during their E3 but it was unveiled at Microsoft`s E3 conference with five minutes of the gameplay trailer.
After a lot of leaks and so many rumours, the game has finally been revealed. Well, all of the leaks were true. The game is set in ancient Egypt taking us back to 49 BCE. The game will tell the story of one man named Bayek. Jean Guesdon, game`s executive director says he like an “Egyptian Sheriff”.
Say bye bye to the minimap. Yes, no minimap. We will have a compass just like the old style. The brand new combat system has been introduced. In the gameplay, we can see the same old sneaking and killing. In Assassins Creed Origins, Eagle Vision is the real eagle vision. By that, I mean the old eagle vision style of seeing enemies through the wall is gone. We have an eagle to assist us with that. The gameplay shows us a walkthrough of the mission “The False Oracle”. You can control the arrow. You can turn your bow into a shotgun by shooting several arrows at the same time.
Crafting is also back. You can hunt down animals, upgrade your gear and make yourself ready for Battle. All the leaked features are real. The game is set in the mesmerising era of Cleopatra.
I guess we will have a good look at Assassins Creed Origins during Ubisoft’s E3 conference.
Assassin’s Creed Origins Gameplay Features
These are the features released a day ago by a Reddit user.
- Bayek starts as a Medjay (sheriff type character) and is in his 30s.
- He will become the founder of the Brotherhood (I don’t know how this makes sense lore wise?)
- Customization – you can choose the look you want without this affecting stats!!
- Eagle vision is indeed through an eagle – called Senu
- Memphis and Alexandria are some cities
- Can equip two bows and two melee weapons at once. Also can use fists again.
- Can fire multiple arrows at once (ON A ** CAMEL!)
- Ptolemaic era
- Mini map replaced for a navigation type one (like Skyrim and Horizon)
- You will have to enhance your hidden blade (I think it says something along the lines of stealth kills not being a one hit kill anymore)
- Free form combat, no counters, has an adrenaline thing that builds up as you fight
- Horses and camels confirmed
- The Crocodile is indeed a target!
Can dive underwater
- Tomb raiding
- They say nothing about the modern day
- Anything is climbable including mountains and rocks
- Can poison dead bodies, lure enemies, tame animals